Bumpy bottom

Jul 13, 2016
Milton
Hi folks, just got our new pool up and going. I would like to look into a robotic cleaner. We have a 27' AG. The concern I have is there are lots of indentations from footprints on the bottom and I don't know if the cleaner would still do a good job. Anyone with any experience with this?

Hi folks, just got our new pool up and going. I would like to look into a robotic cleaner. We have a 27' AG. The concern I have is there are lots of indentations from footprints on the bottom and I don't know if the cleaner would still do a good job. Anyone with any experience with this?

There are indentations and then there are INDENTATIONS. Most robots can deal with a little unevenness. What is your pool base (sand/stone)?

Sand, pure white Florida sand. I tamped it well before installing the liner but still got footprints, some I would say are deep, 1" maybe. The good news is when I find them while I'm in the pool I can smooth them out a good bit.

Sounds kind of like the bottom of my pool. I also have sand under my pool, also have indentations. My Hayward aqua-bug seems to work pretty good; before that I had a zodiac ranger and it was okay, but the aqua bug is better for the bumpiness. The biggest issue is it doesn't always get the bottom of the depressions, and you will probably have to do some manual vacuuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.