Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bumpy bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Bumpy bottom

Hi folks, just got our new pool up and going. I would like to look into a robotic cleaner. We have a 27' AG. The concern I have is there are lots of indentations from footprints on the bottom and I don't know if the cleaner would still do a good job. Anyone with any experience with this?
    Justin N.W. Florida
    27' AGP 54" Depth K-2006 test kit
    Hayward super pump 1H.P.
    Hayward Star Clear C12002

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bumpy bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfjasper View Post
    Hi folks, just got our new pool up and going. I would like to look into a robotic cleaner. We have a 27' AG. The concern I have is there are lots of indentations from footprints on the bottom and I don't know if the cleaner would still do a good job. Anyone with any experience with this?
    There are indentations and then there are INDENTATIONS. Most robots can deal with a little unevenness. What is your pool base (sand/stone)?
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Sand, pure white Florida sand. I tamped it well before installing the liner but still got footprints, some I would say are deep, 1" maybe. The good news is when I find them while I'm in the pool I can smooth them out a good bit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Anyone else with any experience with this?

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds kind of like the bottom of my pool. I also have sand under my pool, also have indentations. My Hayward aqua-bug seems to work pretty good; before that I had a zodiac ranger and it was okay, but the aqua bug is better for the bumpiness. The biggest issue is it doesn't always get the bottom of the depressions, and you will probably have to do some manual vacuuming.
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

All the manual stuff is what I was trying to avoid, isn't the aqua bug a suction cleaner? I was thinking about an electric one, but I would think the same problem may exist.