Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Push/Pull Backwash Piston

1. Back To Top    #1

Push/Pull Backwash Piston

I have an old push/pull backwash assembly, and I believe the internal O-ring is leaking. I'm going to replace it, but I also noticed that the 2nd piston is moving freely. Is this normal, or does it need to be stationary? Seems to me like it could just slide to the other piston and cause problems, unless something inside the backwash valve stops it..

20,000 gal oval pool
    Vinyl Liner
    Sta-Rite Sand Filter
    Hayward Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Push/Pull Backwash Piston

dw, I saw your post a few days ago but honestly I wasn't sure about that piston in the middle. I was hoping some others with your set-up might have responded by now. Your thread has sat for a while to where I didn't want you to think we were ignoring you. Have you resolved or gotten a good answer to your question?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!