Rookie ph questions with 1 day old pool.

Jun 4, 2016
Panama City
City water straight from the faucet was 6.7-6.8 as we filled the pool. I not sure why municipal water would be so acidic, but pool math says 83oz of dry borax for 7.3ph with 6500 gallons. i checked the ph this morning and it still is 6.8. How soon can the kids get in after I put the borax in? I started with 24oz of chlorine last night at ten pm and let the filter/skimmer all in one run all night last night. Thanks. my kit for pool testing is on its way...I used my ph test kit from API for aquariums. city water, 6.8, pool 6.8, aquarium 7.4! btw:)

1 box (65oz) added. dissolved in two 5 gallon buckets of pool water and slowly dispersed in front of the return....now to wait and test in 30 mins!

- - - Updated - - -

1 box (65oz) added. dissolved in two 5 gallon buckets of pool water and slowly dispersed in front of the return....now to wait and test in 30 mins! didnt want to over dose so I only did 65 instead of 83 oz!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.