Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rookie ph questions with 1 day old pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Rookie ph questions with 1 day old pool.

City water straight from the faucet was 6.7-6.8 as we filled the pool. I not sure why municipal water would be so acidic, but pool math says 83oz of dry borax for 7.3ph with 6500 gallons. i checked the ph this morning and it still is 6.8. How soon can the kids get in after I put the borax in? I started with 24oz of chlorine last night at ten pm and let the filter/skimmer all in one run all night last night. Thanks. my kit for pool testing is on its way...I used my ph test kit from API for aquariums. city water, 6.8, pool 6.8, aquarium 7.4! btw
    6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, skimmer/pump all in one included with the pool. City water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rookie ph questions with 1 day old pool.

Attachment 52397

looks in between 6.7 and 6.8, kitchen faucet is identical...this is the pool water.
    6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, skimmer/pump all in one included with the pool. City water

3. Back To Top    #3

Once you add borax, let it mix for about 30 min then re-test. Make sure the pH is at least in the 7s before hopping in.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! Ok on my way to get borax!

5. Back To Top    #5

1 box (65oz) added. dissolved in two 5 gallon buckets of pool water and slowly dispersed in front of the return....now to wait and test in 30 mins!

- - - Updated - - -

1 box (65oz) added. dissolved in two 5 gallon buckets of pool water and slowly dispersed in front of the return....now to wait and test in 30 mins! didnt want to over dose so I only did 65 instead of 83 oz!

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh yeah, it's in the 7's now!! Nice and blue, glad I didn't add too much!