My pool has a PH of 7.2?? Do I need to get it up to 7.5?? SWG!!

Is it just out of the recommended level, but not detrimentally low. I expect you are getting ready to run the SWG for the day (unless your chlorinate at night) which should bring it up. If I were you, I would just keep an eye on it and do a few cannonballs.

haha thanks.

I do chlorinate at night. I usually run the pump from 7pm-7am (lower rates) and chlorinate at 60% output.

Why does pool exiting the water increase PH?

Why does pool exiting the water increase PH? I mimic only what I read as its over my head to fully understand, but pH is raised by the outgassing of gases in the water namely CO2. By aerating the water either by splashing around or cannonballs this speeds up outgassing and the pH inherently rises towards equilibrium. A SWG further adds to this by augmenting gases in the water with production of chlorine gas. As such, many SWG pool owners have to pay attention to their pH rise and TA levels. Lower TA levels can help reduce outgassing and slow pH rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.