Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 65 Pool Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 65 Pool Cleaner

I am doing everything to keep our 24 x 52 above ground pool clean and just had it installed less than a week ago. My husband and I put together the Polaris 65 cleaner and it barely moved and then it went backward and the hose became tangled. 1) should the hose have water in it? 2) could the hose be too long? 3) or it's a new cleaner and we're dumb? Lol. Any help would be appreciated!!

24x52 round AGP 14750 gallons 19" Hayward sand filter w/1 hp pump Polaris 65 vacuum sweep (Hasn't worked since purchased) Transitioning from Strip test to Leslie's FAS-DPD 81329

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 65 Pool Cleaner

I answered one of my own questions. Yes I need water in the hose. Help! I need advice and thanks!

24x52 round AGP 14750 gallons 19" Hayward sand filter w/1 hp pump Polaris 65 vacuum sweep (Hasn't worked since purchased) Transitioning from Strip test to Leslie's FAS-DPD 81329

3. Back To Top    #3

The Polaris 65 is a pressure side cleaner, are you hooking it up to the return line (as opposed to the skimmer)?
    Under Construction - Coleman 18' x 48" Above Ground Pool (6200 gal)
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump, 14", 2800 GPH
    Sioux City, IA

4. Back To Top    #4

It is hooked up to the return line but my husband looked at again and said there are 4 jets on the unit but only the 2 front jets are working. So that make sense as to why the unit is going backwards. Why would the back jets not work?

5. Back To Top    #5

Under Construction - Coleman 18' x 48" Above Ground Pool (6200 gal)
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump, 14", 2800 GPH
    Sioux City, IA

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by cubsno1 View Post
    Thanks for the link!