Wall fittings for gunite pool

Hello all. I'm about to commence building my own pool here in Texas and need a little guidance. Seems like there's several ways to attack the fittings on the pool and just wanted to get some other people's thoughts.

I'm trying to figure out what fittings eventually go on the end of the plumbing for returns / pool cleaner. I think a slip on (aka glue it with pvc glue) 1.5" threaded fitting is the way to go? Seems like the most common that I see when looking up the eyeball jets and such.

E.g. gray wall fitting 1.5" gunite - Google Search

I'm also guessing that the nicheless LED lights fit into the same socket right? such as these: Jandy Nicheless LED Underwater Light, RGBW Watercolors | 12V 20W 50 Cord | JLU4C20W50

Lastly if I'm headed down the right path here I'm assuming these get installed just before the plaster / pebble tec phase. I also am guessing they'll build the material up to where it's pretty flush with the back side of these wall fittings yes?

Thanks for any comments and feedback!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

My fittings just look like holes with internal threads. There is no flange at all. Eyeballs are put inside and a small internal collar holds the balls in place. Very clean look and no protrusion.

Search for "flush pool wall fitting"

Hello all. I'm about to commence building my own pool here in Texas and need a little guidance. Seems like there's several ways to attack the fittings on the pool and just wanted to get some other people's thoughts.

I'm trying to figure out what fittings eventually go on the end of the plumbing for returns / pool cleaner. I think a slip on (aka glue it with pvc glue) 1.5" threaded fitting is the way to go? Seems like the most common that I see when looking up the eyeball jets and such.

E.g. gray wall fitting 1.5" gunite - Google Search

I'm also guessing that the nicheless LED lights fit into the same socket right? such as these: Jandy Nicheless LED Underwater Light, RGBW Watercolors | 12V 20W 50 Cord | JLU4C20W50

Lastly if I'm headed down the right path here I'm assuming these get installed just before the plaster / pebble tec phase. I also am guessing they'll build the material up to where it's pretty flush with the back side of these wall fittings yes?

Thanks for any comments and feedback!
This fitting is perfect for the return as well for the nicheless light. You don't have to install the fitting right away, you leave a piece of 2" PVC pipe (I prefer sch-40) and after you plaster the pool you can cut it flush, glue in the fitting and install the eyeball return fitting or the light. With the light just have to he sure that you have enough clearance , in some cases you may need of to 16 inches of straight pipe to accommodate the light.

Enviado desde mi 6039A mediante Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.