Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new to the pool ... Help with Baq

1. Back To Top    #1

suggestions anyone

hello, im new to the pool, i just bought the house it has an above ground pool which is 15 by 48 also 5000 gallon im useing baquacil and my water is very cloudy? how can i clear my water i added algea and santizer and 6 oz of ph increaser, what am i doing wrong? should i get rid of baqacil and go to chlorine? i just want something low maintenance an easy to figure out....

2. Back To Top    #2

help

i have a 15 by 48 pool which is 5000 gallon and cant get my water clear, i added ph increaser and aligstat and algea.

3. Back To Top    #3

new to the pool ... Help with Baq

i have a 15 by 48 5000 gallon pool that i cant get the water clear im useing baquacil.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: new to the pool

Welcome to TFP!!!

I am going to move this over to the related forum area ... as Baq is kind of its own beast.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: new to the pool ... Help with Baq

Others will be along shortly, I don't have personal experience with baq, but from what I've seen and read, you're in the right place. Are you here to try to get your baq cleared up, which I've read can be done, or perhaps you're at wits end with it and considering going to the much easier and cheaper chlorine?
    25.5K gal vinyl IGP 3.5' - 8' depth. 1.5HP single speed A.O. Smith C48L2N134B1 motor on a Hayward SP2610X15 Pump. 40 ft2 D.E. Filter Hayward model EC75A. Hayward Chlorinator model CL200. single skimmer, 2 Returns. TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: new to the pool ... Help with Baq

I just noticed the small size of this pool. Honestly, your best bet is likely to drain it and start over, either with Baq (not recommended) or with chlorine.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: help

Welcome to TFP!

If you plan to take it down at the end of the season then I would follow this
    Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

If not, then start reading here
    ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    And here
    Pool School - Getting Started

EDIT: disregard this response. The post I responded to did not indicate that baquacil was in use. Please add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you. More here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach