Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A New Blue...

1. Back To Top    #1

A New Blue...

A neat discovery (my background is in Materials Science so I kind of like these sorts of discoveries) -

The Story of YlnMn Blue | Department of Chemistry | Oregon State University

But they fail to mention a huge market for this new blue - blue plaster and PVC liner colorants!!
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: A New Blue...

Interesting... I've gotten to where I steer anyone and everyone from blue plaster and pebble finishes. I've yet to see a pool with a decent looking blue plaster finish after any length of time.

Probably the biggest downfall is that this discovery is a year and a half too late for me.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

That color would be gorgeous in a pool!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll take a large polo shirt, something decent in a nice high-tech fabric with no logos, thanks
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

5. Back To Top    #5

Love that color!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter