Help with pump filter

I got this bright idea to go out and open the plastic part on the pump where i needed to fill my filter out. A ton of water started gushing out so we were trying forever to put the lid back on and then now my pump won't turn back on? We are thinking the pump got to wet to not turn on. Or maybe we will try to see if it will turn on in the morning.? Please Help!.

I'm assuming this is an above ground pool or a pool where the pump is located below the water level?

It is possible that the motor got wet if there was a lot of water. Did you check the GFCI and/or circuit breaker that the pump is supplied from? Did the pump make any sound at all such as humming?

Next time you want to open the pump lid to clean out the pump basket, plug the suction port in the pool with an expandable stopper plug before opening the pump basket.

Also... Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.