Fresh fill - not registering chlorine

I have a new pool... Been filled for 10 days. It's been 95F ++ humid and sunny for weeks, all sun, no rain. I have not had the pool covered either.

I have no test results other than a strip test... I have ordered a proper rest kit though.

Water is crystal clear and have had a robot cleaning it everyday.

I can't seem to register any chlorine on the strip... One day it's low, then almost nothing.

Is the sun burning up all the chlorine?? It can't be an algae problem so soon, can it??

I've cranked up the auto chlorinator to full just now to see if it makes a difference. It was on the half mark.

I'm using bioguard smart sticks (from the startup kit) in the chlorinator. I also dumped in the pool, 1 bag of bio guard smart shock (from the start up kit) 3 days ago.

Sounds like the sun is burning it off. At least that would be a better reason than something growing in the water.

The problem is is that we do not recommend the routine use of chlorine pucks/sticks/granules as they add unwanted extra ingredients that build up and cause problems.

Please read this:--> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and this too... Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Let us know if you have further questions :)

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.