Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clorox bleach crystals

1. Back To Top    #1

Clorox bleach crystals

Just saw a commercial for "Clorox Bleach Crystals". It was along with "Splashless" liquid. I've seen warnings not to use Splashless. I wonder how the crystals are bound. Depending on the dissolving rate and the byproducts it would leave in the pool, it might be a good material for a chlorine feeder when I'm away.
    Intex 16'x32'x54" 17Kgal AGP since 2014. Sand filter, Hayward skimmer, home built 10'x15' deck and stairs, solar heater. High TA tap water, moderate rainfall, weekly use. Treated with 10% bleach, MA and some dichlor initially. Soon to add borates.
    Taylor K2006C
    Future projects - automatic chlorine pump, online pool sensors, better heater, IGP (maybe)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Clorox bleach crystals

JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Clorox bleach crystals

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson View Post
    Well then, I guess it would work great with a SWG.
    Intex 16'x32'x54" 17Kgal AGP since 2014. Sand filter, Hayward skimmer, home built 10'x15' deck and stairs, solar heater. High TA tap water, moderate rainfall, weekly use. Treated with 10% bleach, MA and some dichlor initially. Soon to add borates.
    Taylor K2006C
    Future projects - automatic chlorine pump, online pool sensors, better heater, IGP (maybe)