Pump configuration with waterfall question and spa jets no force

I bought a house with a pool ten months ago and slowly starting to figure it out, my first pool.

It is 25,000 gallons saltwater, the spa dumps into the pool and it has a seperate water feature as well. It has 2 HP pentair pump for the main pump. It has the older goldline aqua logic controls, the pool is ten years old.

It has two gold line controls, when it pool mode it sucks from both pool and spa and pumps out to both pool and spa. The overflow from the spa is slow so it hits the stone when it comes out. If you switch to spa mode it changes to just sucking from just spa and just sending to spa.

i have two questions/concerns, the first is only three of the six jets in the spa now come out with any force and I need to temporarily turn on the blower for that to happen. Wondering why that is like that.

The second is I am wondering if the overflow from the spa should come out with more force as most pools I see. If I turn off the goldline control and manually outflow just the spa it comes out this way. Picture below is of when I do this. But if I do this I am wondering if the water filters correctly because there is only water coming in on the deep end.

Otherise there are four jets in the pool, two in the deep end and two in the shallow end. The water flow is not great in two or the jets. The pool has two skimmers.

thx for any help!!image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 34
First, Welcome to the forum!

It has two gold line controls, when it pool mode it sucks from both pool and spa and pumps out to both pool and spa. The overflow from the spa is slow so it hits the stone when it comes out. If you switch to spa mode it changes to just sucking from just spa and just sending to spa.
Pool mode should pull from just the pool and return to just the pool. Sometimes PBs will configure a bypass so it returns both to pool and spa but that is really a spillover mode. Are you sure it is drawing from both because that can be dangerous if it pulls more from the spa than it returns.

i have two questions/concerns, the first is only three of the six jets in the spa now come out with any force and I need to temporarily turn on the blower for that to happen. Wondering why that is like that.
If you have a blower, normally the spa requires the blower to run for the jets to fully turn on. That is the reason they put the blower on in the first place to clear the air line of water. Had they designed the spa properly, it would not have needed the blower at all. Were you able to run the jets without the blower on before and now you can't?

The second is I am wondering if the overflow from the spa should come out with more force as most pools I see. If I turn off the goldline control and manually outflow just the spa it comes out this way. Picture below is of when I do this. But if I do this I am wondering if the water filters correctly because there is only water coming in on the deep end.
It doesn't sound like things are configured properly but I might need better pictures or a drawing to figure out how it is configured. Normally, you can put a spa in spillover only mode so that all the water returns from the spa and is drawn only from the pool.

First, Welcome to the forum!

Pool mode should pull from just the pool and return to just the pool. Sometimes PBs will configure a bypass so it returns both to pool and spa but that is really a spillover mode. Are you sure it is drawing from both because that can be dangerous if it pulls more from the spa than it returns.

If you have a blower, normally the spa requires the blower to run for the jets to fully turn on. That is the reason they put the blower on in the first place to clear the air line of water. Had they designed the spa properly, it would not have needed the blower at all. Were you able to run the jets without the blower on before and now you can't?

It doesn't sound like things are configured properly but I might need better pictures or a drawing to figure out how it is configured. Normally, you can put a spa in spillover only mode so that all the water returns from the spa and is drawn only from the pool.

thx the help!

yes, you are right, it is only sucking from the pool in pool mode and returns to both pool and spa. The overflow from spa is not very strong, I'll take a picture tomorrow. I was just wondering if it should be a better flow like it is when I manually close off the return to to only to the spa. It looks better with the water flowing but I am guessing it isn't cleaning the pool as effectively bc it only gets water from one side.

As far as the spa goes, all the jets used to come out with fairly good force after I hit the blower for a minute and you could enjoy they pressure of the jets without all the crazy bubbles and noise. Now only half of the jets have velocity.

ill take more pics and post

thx the help!

yes, you are right, it is only sucking from the pool in pool mode and returns to both pool and spa. The overflow from spa is not very strong, I'll take a picture tomorrow. I was just wondering if it should be a better flow like it is when I manually close off the return to to only to the spa. It looks better with the water flowing but I am guessing it isn't cleaning the pool as effectively bc it only gets water from one side.

As far as the spa goes, all the jets used to come out with fairly good force after I hit the blower for a minute and you could enjoy they pressure of the jets without all the crazy bubbles and noise. Now only half of the jets have velocity.

ill take more pics and post

Im having a hard time attaching a pic I've exceeded my quota

is it ok to run in spill mode with no water coming in the pool jets?

You have a couple of pic choices.

Option 1
Become a TFP Supporter and get more data space and some great discounts and a cool badge and help keep TFP ad free
CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Option 2
Create a Photobucket account
Upload pics
Copy the IMG code to the right of the pic
Paste it in your post
This will embed the pic in your thread

It is OK to run waterfall only some of the time, or most probably. It will increase evaporation, cool the pool and be aware that the aeration will increase PH so you will have to keep an eye on it. It is important to maintain PH between 7.2 and 7.8.

You have a couple of pic choices.

Option 1
Become a TFP Supporter and get more data space and some great discounts and a cool badge and help keep TFP ad free
CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Option 2
Create a Photobucket account
Upload pics
Copy the IMG code to the right of the pic
Paste it in your post
This will embed the pic in your thread

It is OK to run waterfall only some of the time, or most probably. It will increase evaporation, cool the pool and be aware that the aeration will increase PH so you will have to keep an eye on it. It is important to maintain PH between 7.2 and 7.8.

Ok thx, my ph has been running high it usually runs low

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.