Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best (user friendly) test kit for newbie?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best (user friendly) test kit for newbie?

I'm new to owning a pool....actually I've never owned a pool. Had one growing up but of course didn't have to care for it and it wasn't salt.
    Now we're having a 19,000 gallon salt water pool built and its going to be my responsibility to care for it....I was wondering which test kit would be best for me. Is there one better than the other? Or all about the same? Maybe a silly question but I'm pretty clueless. I've read pool school but it still seems pretty foreign to me...I'm kind of a hands on learner. So which kit do you recommend? Also any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! I feel like I'm in over my head and haven't even started! haha.

Thanks!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best (user friendly) test kit for newbie?

Without question - the TF-100 (with Speed Stir) Great value, everything you need, and excellent instructions. Link in my sig below.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Best (user friendly) test kit for newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Without question - the TF-100 (with Speed Stir) Great value, everything you need, and excellent instructions. Link in my sig below.
    All of the kits will have a learning curve if you have never done it but after a few runs, you will be a expert. Really, the instructions are good enough and before long, you will memorize the steps, # of drops, etc. My 10 year old can do a full set of tests using the TF-100 with the speed stir.

The Speed Stir really is the thing that makes it easier. ALOT easier.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator