Used Pool Slide

Rocketfish

Bronze Supporter
Jun 6, 2016
Orange County, CA
Hi guys, my wife and kids want me to install a pool slide alongside our IG sports pool. I don't have the money for something brand new as I see they are well into the thousands.

Is it possible to get a decent used one somewhere? there ARE a small handful on craigslist, sort of near me, at least in the adjacent county, but I had a couple of questions first.

Assuming it fits, can I just drill holes into my deck and install some sort of inserts, or do I need a PB to come in and reinforce the deck somehow?
Does anyone know if there is a building code requiring my slide to be a certain distance away from the neighbor's wall, or anything like that (Orange County, CA)?
Is 5 feet (sports pool) deep enough to safely use the slide?
Do we have a buy/sell/trade section here on this forum perhaps, or does someone want to sell me their used pool so I can safe some $$?
(If I am violating any terms of this site, I apologize in advance)

I'll let the moderators tell you if you are breaking the rules.

Most of the used slides i have seen are beat up. But keep searching cragslist they show up.

You can drill holes in the concrete to install. They don't require special Footings. They do require a water supply. Some folks just use a hose. If You know how you can plumb in another return to the slide.

In Sacramento County all pool equipment must be 5 feet from the property line. But those rules are different all over California. So if you want to be legal call your local building department and ask.

Two important safety considerations. First the metal parts of the slide must be connected to the pools bonding loop. That 8 gauge copper wire that comes out of the pool structure and connects to the pump and other metal parts.

Second you need an adequate clear area in the pool as a landing zone. Look at page 5 and following here:

http://srsmith.com/media/176613/typhoon-owners-manual-06-713.pdf

Finally, invite me over when its done, I get the first trip down!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.