Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Used Pool Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Post Used Pool Slide

Hi guys, my wife and kids want me to install a pool slide alongside our IG sports pool. I don't have the money for something brand new as I see they are well into the thousands.

Is it possible to get a decent used one somewhere? there ARE a small handful on craigslist, sort of near me, at least in the adjacent county, but I had a couple of questions first.

Assuming it fits, can I just drill holes into my deck and install some sort of inserts, or do I need a PB to come in and reinforce the deck somehow?
    Does anyone know if there is a building code requiring my slide to be a certain distance away from the neighbor's wall, or anything like that (Orange County, CA)?
    Is 5 feet (sports pool) deep enough to safely use the slide?
    Do we have a buy/sell/trade section here on this forum perhaps, or does someone want to sell me their used pool so I can safe some $$?
    (If I am violating any terms of this site, I apologize in advance)
    16,250 Gallons, IG Plaster; Pentair Clean & Clear CC100 Cartridge Filter with WhisperFlo Pump;
    Pool install 1980's; TF-100 Test Kit; Stage 2 California drought restrictions

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Used Pool Slide

I'll let the moderators tell you if you are breaking the rules.

Most of the used slides i have seen are beat up. But keep searching cragslist they show up.

You can drill holes in the concrete to install. They don't require special Footings. They do require a water supply. Some folks just use a hose. If You know how you can plumb in another return to the slide.

In Sacramento County all pool equipment must be 5 feet from the property line. But those rules are different all over California. So if you want to be legal call your local building department and ask.

Two important safety considerations. First the metal parts of the slide must be connected to the pools bonding loop. That 8 gauge copper wire that comes out of the pool structure and connects to the pump and other metal parts.

Second you need an adequate clear area in the pool as a landing zone. Look at page 5 and following here:

http://srsmith.com/media/176613/typh...ual-06-713.pdf

Finally, invite me over when its done, I get the first trip down!!
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

You can post these things in the coffee bar last I heard.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the advice gwegan, and you are welcome to slide down it anytime
    16,250 Gallons, IG Plaster; Pentair Clean & Clear CC100 Cartridge Filter with WhisperFlo Pump;

5. Back To Top    #5

This is an example of a used slide on CL. I'm thinking the price is acceptable but not locking that dark discoloring of the slide. Do they have paint dedicated to these fiberglass slides?

6. Back To Top    #6

You have to re finish. There are several threads on her explaining how to do just that.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall