Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just saying howdy

1. Back To Top    #1

Toms River / New Jersey

Just saying howdy

Hi all, I'm an above-ground pool owner in Toms River, New Jersey. I have an 18'x33' conventionally (chlorine) filtered pool. This is my 8th summer with the pool and because of some undermining due to rain water, I'm having major issues with my liner. I'm trying to keep the liner patched and operational until the seasons over, and then I'll have a new liner installed. Here's my question: Should I install a Foam Pool Cove; Should I install some type of pool floor padding; and finally should I install foam wall padding? Are these things effective at extending the life of my liner, or are they just "window etching" and "rust-proofing"? (after-market auto dealer moneymaker reference there)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Just saying howdy

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach