Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re: Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1
    Bellevue Nebraska

Re: Newbie

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to owning a pool I researched my purchase for over a year and finally bought one online. It's an above ground 24x52 and then after getting it put up my mind went blank regarding chemicals. It's rained every night and then I took a water sample to my pool store and he said to shock it and I left the pump and noticed the shock has settled to the bottom of the pool. I used the brush several times during the day and there is still a little shock settled on the bottom of the pool. Any suggestions? And I'm definitely going to use the BBB method after reading about E-Z pool. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    24x52 round AGP 14750 gallons 19" Hayward sand filter w/1 hp pump Polaris 65 vacuum sweep (Hasn't worked since purchased) Transitioning from Strip test to Leslie's FAS-DPD 81329

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Newbie

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool! Do a little reading in Pool School.

Start here, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    And here, Pool School - Getting Started

You will need a great test kit to take care of your pool. I use the TF-100 and I buy it from It is the best value, here's why, Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach