Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jumping Platforms (Kids just wanna jump in!)

1. Back To Top    #1

Jumping Platforms (Kids just wanna jump in!)

My vision of this pool was that the kids would swim. The reality is (I have 3 boys and the neighborhood is full of boys) that they jump in, climb back up the ladder, and jump back in (CANNON BALL!!!). There are always 3 or more kids swimming at the same time, so one jumps from the ladder, and the others balance on the edge of the pool and they all jump together. I tell them to stop (BOOOOO!) because it doesn't really look safe. Looks fun, but not really safe.

Any ideas of DIY platform ideas? I could cobble something together myself, but if someone has already gone through this, it would be great to get some ideas before I tackle it myself.

Once again, thanks.

Marty
    22' round 12,000 gal Intex AG pool. SWG Model ECO 20110 2650 GPH Salt System. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jumping Platforms (Kids just wanna jump in!)

Man I'm in the same position. They are dragging everything we own thats tall enough to reach the pool to the backyard. I'm just glad they aren't strong enough to move the trampoline...

Got to build a deck- or something....
    Intex 26 X 52
    pump/filter that came with it + 24" Hayward S244T sand filter + Intex SWG & Hayward widemouth skimmer. Looking to upgrade pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jumping Platforms (Kids just wanna jump in!)

I plan to build a ramp this weekend...we have the pool in place near the existing deck but I havent been able to start the new pool deck...So for the time being Im gonna build a long walk up ramp off the existing deck to the pool..(2' difference) and at the end have a 4'x4' platform for them to jump.