Tim the Tool Man Syndrome

Jul 13, 2016
Milton
Got the new pool all plumbed and wired up this evening, you can see the pump and filter I bought in my signature. these were not the ones offered in the kits with the pools. I wanted a 220 volt pumps these were the ones I bought. I didn't think they were overkill, I new they were larger then what is normally on an AG pool.but didn't think they would be too big. Anyways, when I started the pump it will suck my skimmer dry. I had to shut the valve on the discharge side to slow the flow . Im running about 10psi on my filter . has anyone installed a 2nd skimmer on a AG pool?

Try raising the water level in the pool to between 1/2 - 3/4 the way up the skimmer opening. A 1hp pump is not too much pump for your pool, but if the water level is too low it will react just that way.

I love a simple fix!! I put another 1-2 inches of water in the pool and everything is working great. Thanks for the help. It looks a little higher then I thought it should be though. The level is about 1 1/2" from covering the skimmer opening. Is this still acceptable?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.