Return inlet eyeball fittings - need to find the right part

Kcdc42

Jul 19, 2016
Kansas City, MO
I have an in-ground gunite pool and need to replace my return inlet eyeball fittings but I am having difficulty finding the right part. I am hoping someone here can help me find the right part. Please see attached pics.

1st Pic is of the Wall fitting just for reference.
2nd Pic is of the fitting that attaches to it along with the eyeball (eyeball not pictured).

As you can see from the pic, the diameter is 1.75". I found a few 1.5" fittings but not a 1.75" that would thread into my wall fitting.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Pool: 15000 Gallon, Inground Gunite/Plaster Pool (Kidney shape), Sta-Rite P6RA6E-205L, Polaris Cleaner, Built circa 1998

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies. So, after doing some more research and playing with the Hayward eyeball return fittings, here is what I have found:

1. My wall fitting is actually a standard 1.5" (please disregard my note above about it possibly being 1.75").
2. My wall fitting does not come off and it also does not have slits to insert a tool to remove them.
3. So, now that I don't need to replace the wall fitting, I just need the ring and the eyeball. While the Hayward ring is a perfect fit and screw in perfectly (without the eyeball), the eyeball was a little too big for it to fit in the wall fitting. So, I can't screw in the ring with the eyeball. See pics below. The new one I tried is a Hayward.

Where can I find a 1.5" return fitting with a smaller eyeball? I think that will do the trick.

View attachment 52779

pool2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.