New Above Ground Pool Site Prep

Jul 19, 2016
Franklin
Hello, my father in law took it upon himself to start the ground work on my pool while i was at work. I could not dig down far due to ledge so we were left with building up the low side. It is a mostly rock fines/limestone and some driveway mix type gravel and then 2inch sand on top. See photos. I am not sold on this set up yet. Its built up higher than i think necessary and i think more material is needed around the whole pool for the ledge. Do not want it to wash out. Please give me your thoughts, should i keep going with this, should i change it up? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Sorry the pics are sideways, I dont know why they are like that.

image1 (3).jpgimage2.jpg

welcome to TFP :)

if it was compacted in 1 inch layers it could be a very stable area.. if it was not it may not handle the weight... it looks to be about a 24 foot pool, that is about 113,000 pounds or about 57 tons

it may wash out some of the sides but it really depends on how much it was compacted...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.