Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Above Ground Pool Site Prep

1. Back To Top    #1

New Above Ground Pool Site Prep

Hello, my father in law took it upon himself to start the ground work on my pool while i was at work. I could not dig down far due to ledge so we were left with building up the low side. It is a mostly rock fines/limestone and some driveway mix type gravel and then 2inch sand on top. See photos. I am not sold on this set up yet. Its built up higher than i think necessary and i think more material is needed around the whole pool for the ledge. Do not want it to wash out. Please give me your thoughts, should i keep going with this, should i change it up? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Sorry the pics are sideways, I dont know why they are like that.

image1 (3).jpgimage2.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New Above Ground Pool Site Prep

welcome to TFP

if it was compacted in 1 inch layers it could be a very stable area.. if it was not it may not handle the weight... it looks to be about a 24 foot pool, that is about 113,000 pounds or about 57 tons

it may wash out some of the sides but it really depends on how much it was compacted...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **