Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stamped concrete dust turned pool dark brown

1. Back To Top    #1

Coventry, CT

Stamped concrete dust turned pool dark brown

I just had my stamped concrete patio around my new pool installed. They had left all the colored dust all over it and we got a terrible rain storm. My pool is now dark down. I have doubled up on skimmer socks, running filter 24/7. Using my pool robot with 2 micron filter bags 2x a day. Does anyone have any other suggestions? My sparkling water is gone....

24' Round Radiant partially in ground pool. Hayward sand filter S166T with 1.5 hp 2 speed Variflo pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Stamped concrete dust turned pool dark brown

Has it stained the liner? You can try turning off the pump overnight and letting the dust settle on the bottom and then slowly vacuum to waste.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lake Mary, FL

Re: Stamped concrete dust turned pool dark brown

The dust they use for stamping contains metals - up to 60% iron oxides in some cases - as well as (depending on recipe): copper, manganese, cobalt, chromium and many others.

Get that stuff outta there ASAP!

The old pros here can lead you to the "how". Make sure you get the stamping sealed to prevent anymore stuff from washing into the pool.
    16K gal, IG Free-Form Plaster (1986), 1 HP Pentair Superflo pump, PAC FAB FNS-36 DE Filter, Polaris 280, Screened, Cool Deck.
    Solar Heater
    TF-100 Test Kit