16x48 intex what do you think???

Jun 23, 2012
Farmington wv
I know everyone ask this but I set the intex up last weekend. I got the ground all leveled. I made a 17 foot pad which I thought would be big enough. But I guess I was wrong. When I set the pool up I started with about 6 inches of water and I had maybe .5 inches more on one side which I thought would be fine. I didn't notice that 3 of the legs were silently off my pad. Now at full I'm like 2 or 2.5 blue squares off with my water height. I know the bottom is level. Just 3 legs are off. I can take a level all around the top rail and it's level except for between those 2 legs. I put a 16 foot 2x4 across the pool with a 4 foot level in the center and when I pick up the end until level I'm an 1 3/4 low at the lowest leg. I have pictures of the pool. It's just 2 adults using the pool. So no roughhousing in the pool. Lol.

I'm going to deviate this time from what I would normally suggest, but this late in the season and with no kids involved, I would probably leave it alone. But please drain and relevel it before next year. You might try jacking up the railing at the low spots using a 2x4 and a car jack and see if you can wedge a paver beneath the feet of the sunken poles to keep them from getting any worse.

I allowed an Intex pool to be out of level for a couple of years, and it progressively got worse. At one point, the top rail weakened from rust and broke and the entire pool collapsed and ruptured the liner. So for your personal safety, don't allow it to stay this way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.