I wanted to repeat a question I saw in an old thread. I have a concrete/plaster 6,200 gallon in-ground pool here in eastern central Florida. During this time of year, my pool store (also same folks who installed my pool) recommends using their liquid chlorine/shock to keep the levels up until the weather changes. So here's my question:
Is it considered safe to add the liquid chlorine into the pool skimmer instead of broadcasting it directly into the pool water? One person at the pool store (who I don't trust or agree with) said it can damage the pool equipment. In the previous thread on this subject, everyone said they add chlorine into their skimmer for various reasons. Only issue of concern is making sure to not add muriatic acid into the skimmer. My thought is that as long as my pump is running for a couple of hours, that there should be enough water flow to dilute the liquid chlorine and not risk damaging anything in my equipment. I usually only have to add about 6 cups of the liquid to bring my chlorine level up. Considering my skimmer is about 30 feet from my pool filter, there's plenty of water to dilute the solution to an acceptable concentration. Does EVERYONE agree?