milesvdustin

Jun 7, 2015
Marion, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all! We recently had a lot of rain over two weeks, and i got a bit of cloudy water and i think some algae. I started a SLAM on Sunday. Cya is at 40.

I am keeping the fc at 16 per the chart. Vinyl aboveground, sand filter. I checked it last night and somehow the fc was at 21.5. I checked in the morning and it was 20. It did have some sun exposure so i think i only lost 1 ppm last night. Cc are .5 or less, water is clear. I have scrubbed skimmer, ladder, brushed twice a day during the slam and vac to waste anything on the bottom.

So here is my problem: I had my wife check the water 6 hours after I did, and the FC dropped to 8? Whats going on?

Full numbers as of right now

Fc 8
Cc .5
Cya 40
Ta 110
Ch 220
Ph 7.6 (i think, fc is a little high for accuracy.)

Using a tf100 test kit i got here last summer.

I think my wifes methid of testing is way off. That wouod explain why jt was at 20 when i had her add chlorine to get fc to 16, but way overshot.

It was 20 when i went to work, and 10.5 when i got home.

You've definitely got some algae.. I think normal sun burn off, even in Texas sun, is less than 4 so you've got some growers in there...Keep slamming until your FC starts to level off a bit more.

Over shooting right now isn't a terrible thing I think when I started my slam I targeted 16 but shot up to 22 the first little bit... Itll burn off and consume the algae so no worries.. Just "try" to keep it near 16

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.