Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test results are in and where do I go from here?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test results are in and where do I go from here?

Hey everyone I did a full round of tests this month and am off...I got back from vacation and this is what the tests say
    FC 1
    CC 1
    Calcium 450
    Alkalinity 260
    CYA 50
    PH 8.3

I plugged things into the pool math calculator so it tells me what to do but I kind of want to know what to tackle first? I assume I can't just poor acid, chlorine, borate, baking soda etc in all at once right?
    15ft by 30ft kidney style? Inground plaster pool w/8ft attached spa. Shallow end is 3ft and deep end is 9ft. Pentair clean and clear plus (thinking 420?)shooting for BBB method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test results are in and where do I go from here?

Lower the pH
    Raise the FC
    That is all.
    You just need to wait a few minutes between chemical additions. Do NOT add any baking soda or borax ... you do not need it.

Since the FC dropped so low, you might want to raise it up and Perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is a need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

OK I can handle that what is better muriatic acid or dry acid?

4. Back To Top    #4

iv'e always used muriatic acid! i've been using this system since i opened up my pool this year and my pool is balanced. i just for a weeks vacation, i brought my fc up to 25 ppm which my shock is about 20 however, i came back to a clean and balanced pool. i also have a skimmer net which was cleaned out every other day so, im sure that helped as well.
    2015 built myself~15x30x52(15k)AG,vinyl liner~Hayward166t (16'' sand filter w1 Hp pump) Hayward sp1580 power-flo lx series~taylor2006 test kit