Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recent thoughts on suction-powered brooms?

1. Back To Top    #1

Buckeye AZ

Recent thoughts on suction-powered brooms?

I am not looking for a permanent robot, or kreepy. I have a vac port in the pool and the valve upstream to activate it. I am just looking for something to attach to my pole to get out dirt after bad dust storms. No batteries or moving brushed needed.

If you have good or bad experiences with any particulars, let me know! I have a feeling that with no real moving parts. it might not matter too much.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recent thoughts on suction-powered brooms?

Up until now that is how I clean my pool. I attach a hose to a brush, connect brush to a pole, and connect other end of hose to my skimmer line and vacuum away. I am fortunate that I do not get alot of debris in my pool, so I can get away with a vacuum once or twice week at most...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Recent thoughts on suction-powered brooms?

For the brief period I did manual vacuuming I went through a couple of different heads. Not much difference. I also purchased a corner brush for the spots where my stairs hit the pool: : Corner Garden

This is the last vacuum head I bought: Swimline 8150 Weighted Flex Vacuum Head, Blue: Sports Outdoors
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner