Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I ask for recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I ask for recommendations?

Please respond to this post by private message only. We prefer not to have pool contractors/builders mentioned by name on TFP. Thank you,
    Zea3

Not sure if this is allowed, but I'm hoping to get recommendations for a pool refinishing company in the Boston-New England area.

From my research, it seems that the quality of the installers is equal to or even more important than the brand of finish. I've looked at Pebble Tec's site for certified installers, and Diamond Brite's. It seems though, that any plasterer can buy the product and install it.

So before I set my heart on either finish (or others), I'm wondering if anyone has had a positive experience in resurfacing their gunite.

We've determined that our "new" (to us) pool is 32 years old, and probably my has never been refinished. Hope we can get that same longevity!! ��

Thanks!
    Rhonda, Outside of Boston, MA
    20k gallon IG gunite circa 1984, very old/stained/worn out plaster finish
    4820 Hayward DE filter, no idea on the pump... will figure that out!, T-100 test kit, Speed Stir is the BOMB!
    *Researching options to refinish Spring 2017!*

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Can I ask for recommendations?

It is certainly allowed. I hope you get some response but, even with the size of this forum, often it is difficult to come up with local references. Good luck with it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Just note that a Pebble-Tec finish can only be installed by a qualified Pebble-Tec installer. It's not true that any plasterer can install P-Tec; they have to be certified by Pebble-Tec to do so. If they are not certified by Pebble-Tec, then you won't be covered by Pebble-Tec's warranty.

Good luck, I hope you find a great plasterer.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you , Zea for the edit!

And for the clarification on Pebble Tec... One of theany reasons, I think, that PT should be a contender.

I'm learning lots, but nervous about being a rookie and having a nightmare replaster job. At least now I know how to keep the chemistry in balance, so that's one less worry.