Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Hi everyone,

I just joined and am preparing to perform my first SLAM. I have been limping along all summer but coming home to a green pool after vacation was the last straw. My TF-100 kit will be delivered tomorrow so I'm getting everything I need so I can hit it hard once I get my numbers. The question I have is, I'm pretty sure by CYA is low, and reading the ABC's it says that it can take up to a week after adding stabilizer to get accurate readings of the new level. If once I test my water tomorrow I am indeed below the 30 ppm for CYA can I just use pool math to calculate how much to add and then start the SLAM process, or do I have to wait for my CYA level to stabilize before I start?

Thanks,

Daron

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You're correct - use the Poolmath calculator to add what you believe you need to get to a minimum CYA of 30, then SLAM at an FC of 12. Don't forget to lower pH first though to about 7.2. Best of luck. Nice to have you with us.

To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.