Algae problems

Jun 19, 2015
Toledo,Ohio
Hi everyone. I have a 27' AG pool and about 18000 gallons. My FC is 3 PH 7.5 TA 90 and cya about 35. I clean the pool of algae and it looks clean and clear but the next day when I run the filter I see algae on the bottom after about 1/2 hour. I have back flushed the filter several times and the sand is new 2 years ago (this is the 3rd year using it). It seems I have to clean it everyday and this was not the case in the past years. I would appreciate any suggestions. Do I need to SLAM? Weather here has been avg. of 85 F with sun and clouds, rain once in the last week.

Thanks,
Jeston

Sounds like a slam to me... Drop PH to 7.2, Target CYA 40 (16 FC) and fire away... Keep brushing during slam to stir the pot and maintain 16...
Normal Fc is on the low side at 3.. once oclt is passed and slam is over, maintain FC 5 for better longevity

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.