Pool water purifier

Jun 27, 2016
San Diego, CA
I just saw this on the Costco website,
has anyone used this before? I will include the pictures from the website thank you

236297fcc12243ec0c07106dd8d7a29c.png

8376df9ec326a827d22090687711ccea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It adds copper and silver ions to your water. Copper is an algaecide but in order to be effective it has to be at a concentration high enough where scaling and staining becomes a problem. It's a waste of money.

What are you buying now? All I buy is some bleach, salt and muriatic acid.

If you buy that doohickey you will have to buy a copper test kit. Sequestrant added weekly to suspend the copper out of the water so it isn't green. Ascorbic acid to lift the stains from the pool plaster. Polyquat 60 so you don't get algae while doing the AA treatment. And whatever you have to buy to get the green out of hair and fingernails. And you'll just have to live with the green dog for a while.

Kind of interesting that would make it past Costco quality control, they are usually good about not selling items that can cause complaints or mass returns down the road. The sales rep must have had some great white pages when they pitched to Costco.

It will likely work and most people will likely be happy until the copper and silver starts causing issues. It could take a year or more depending on the pool. Then they likely won't attribute it to this device. It's just like those of us (me included) who thought the Nature2 mineral system was the way to go. It also uses copper and silver. Until you start doing your own research, you don't really know what the downsides are. I used the Nature 2 for a year and half with no issues. When I drained the pool for a replaster, I stopped using the nature2 due to the copper and silver it puts in the pool. And the stories of the cartridges rupturing concerned me as well. I have had no issues with just bleach and the water looks much better than when I used the Nature2 and lower chlorine.

Kind of interesting that would make it past Costco quality control, they are usually good about not selling items that can cause complaints or mass returns down the road. The sales rep must have had some great white pages when they pitched to Costco.

That's because (A) the product will work as-expected & (B) most people don't know enough and will be pool-stored anyway. The chances of a TFP'er using this product is effectively zero and everyone else will blame their inevitable stains and algae blooms on chlorine. The excuse in their heads will go something like this -

"The ionizer doohickey has all green lights so, duh, it's obviously working! So it must be all this "dirty" chlorine, old sand, bad water, stabilizer not high enough, not enough alkalinity and calcium, the rain must have had algae in it, it's just a "bad algae season", etc, etc, etc..."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.