Where do you buy your CYA?

I've been pouring over the forum and pool school since we decided to put our pool in.
I've got a pretty good handle on the BBB method, but have a quick question regarding CYA. Where are you buying it from? I see Wally has Chlorox Pool and and Spa stabilizer. 4 lbs for approx $13.
Is that what I want?

I get the Walmart HTH brand stabilizer in their pool section. About $16 for a 4-lb container. Lowe's and Home Depot sell stabilizer/conditioner as well. As long as the major ingredient is cyanuric acid, hopefully close to 99% or so, you're good.

I've been buying the HTH brand from WalMart also. But I have a lot of splash out this summer due to kids cannonballing and I am tired of the old sock. I'm thinking about buying some liquid stabilizer from Amazon just to try it out for convenience sake, although I realize it is MUCH more expensive.

Ease of use vs. cost

My HTH in a sock can take several days to fully dissolve even after repeated squeezing. Not very convenient.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Main thread: 2016 CYA Prices

backyardpoolsuperstore on eBay is selling 25lbs for $44.99!!! That works out to only $1.80 a pound :deal:

25 lbs Stabilizer Cyanuric Acid Water Conditioner Swimming Pool UV Protection | eBay

I added 6lbs of the eBay CYA a couple weeks ago, so I'll measure my CYA levels again to see if the stuff is any good. One ebay feedback said it didn't raise their levels, fwiw. I did some brief googling and it appears CYA should have a long shelf life if stored in a cool dry place so that's why I bought in bulk to last me a few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.