How to reduce Autopilot output

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I'm having an issue in trying to change the % output for my cell and getting it to stay there. By default my cell was set at power 1, 67% output. I changed it to 50% and saw it change, but the next day it was up to 80%! I then changed it to 40% and now today it was back to 67%. I know some of the change can be from temp compensation, but how do I get the thing to be at 40% and stay there? I'm getting way too much chlorine in my pool.

I have the Autopilot hooked to my low speed pump load so it is only powered when the low speed pump is on. Is there something I need to do to get the settings to stick through power down?

thanks,
Dave

The percentage should go up when the water temperature goes up and down when the water temperature goes down. If the percentage is varying in ways that don't correspond to water temperature changes then something might be broken.

You shouldn't think about aiming for an absolute percentage, rather go for a relative adjustment. If it is currently 80 then turn it down 10% to 72. If it is currently 20 then turn it down 10% to 18. Or use 20% adjustments, or more, if it is way off. Don't worry about what the absolute percentage is right now, just make the relative adjustment and recheck the FC level the next day to see how you did.

This is what I"ve been trying to do, but the percentage always goes back up. My FC is steady at 14ppm and I need to get it to around 6ppm to match my 50ppm cya.

I'm not even sure that the changes I make are valid after the unit looses power, are they?

Jason thanks for the input.

I checked again last night at it appears to have kept my settings this time. I'm not sure what I did differently, but yesterday when I checked at 80F I had a 40% output. I believe it stared at 72F and 30% or there abouts. I'll keep an eye on it for the next little while to ensure that it is still working.

With all the rain we have been getting here in Austin/Round Rock my pool is not getting much use except to pump to waste all the extra water so my skimmer still works :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.