Help with Jandy automation component selection

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hey folks. I'm at the step of finalizing the automation components for my new pool and spa build. I have gone with Jandy lights and will follow through with their automation components, but I could really use some help to determine exactly what I need. I want to be able to control the light color and turn on or off the spa, preferably from my phone or tablet. I know I need the main controller box that goes outside, but I'm not sure how many actuators I need or if I absolutely need to have an inside control panel for it. Again, I mainly want to be able to control light and turn on and off the spa without having to go twist valves and am happy to do that over wifi from the phone rather that an inside wired ckntrol
panel. I have two bubblers but don't mind valve twisting those when I want to adjust them. Can you guys help me with what Jandy components or package I should be looking at for this? Let me know if I have left out necessary details for an accurate assessment. Many thanks.

-Chad

Probably a jandy RS 6. I would need to know the plumbing and the electrical to tell you more.

You need to understand that while you can purchase this over the internet unless it is installed by a pool professional Jandy products have no warranty. Zero - zilch. So you may want to call the local Jandy guy and cut a deal. They can also help with product selection.

You'll need an iaqualink setup, control panel, 2 jva actuators, spaside remote, etc. but as said above best to get someone involved that will help you spec out and provide a warranty.

you should also use the same company for all the equipment so you get the extended warranty ( normally 3 years)

to be honest, if pentair allows owner installs and maintains the warranty, I'd personally pass on Jandy (and I own their equipment). Over 10 years, I've bought and installed 2 SWGs , upgraded to iaqualink, fixed 3 pumps, and just recently had to have the iaqualink mainboard repaired due to ic failure. I am fully capable of installing and maintaining my system but in my opinion, Jandy's reliability Isnt steller. True nothing broke under warranty but replacing expensive in kind equipment outside of initial warranty that requires 10 minutes to swap out and getting zero warranty unless I pay a ton of money to have someone install it sucks.

Luckily my neighbors are a plumber and electrician so the installed the latest SWG instead of me to ensure it's warrantied.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.