Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: automation help

1. Back To Top    #1

automation help

hello. i'm very new here and also new to pools. i am a home theatre designer along with some of the tech side to things also. i do a lot of automation for full homes.

i'm looking at various automation options for our pool. i have narrowed it down to the zodiac family. the company i am dealing with is offering a free ps4 with remote upgrade this month. i was originally looking at the rs line due to not needed the pda cause i was going to just use iPad's and iPhone's for control being the main app we use to control our whole home is idevice based. i was reading tonight that i can still use the ps4 pda along with adding the iaqualink portion to allow idevice control.

my questions are cause i can't find exact info on the zodiac site:

1. what is the difference between the ps line and rs line?

2. i am looking to control our heater, pumps, lights, and anything else pool related. any of my pool house or hardscaping lighting or automation control will be handled by my home automation setup. i just need the zodiac for pool control.

i am going to have 2 hayward LED lights, ray rak 399k but heater for pool and spa, jandy flo pro 2.o horse variable pump, and fusion soft salt system

i didn't know if i could take advantage of this free upgrade or if i need to be in the rs line vs ps line.

jimi

i would love to tie in the control to my app i use now but i don't think that is going to happen. my headend is HAI for my security, lights, and stats. my sprinklers is through a micas verde and all is tied together neatly in one app called irule which also controls all of my audio and video for the house.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: automation help

I'd recommend getting your pool automation control system and variable speed pump from the same company so they can communicate.
    8.5k gallon IG pebble sheen play pool with Intellitouch control, Intellifo VF, IC 20, Rainbow tab feeder (not currently in use), Pentaire mystery cartridge filter with labels faded to the point I have no idea on the model, Intellibrite 5g LED light, Hayward Navigator. Adding IntelliPh and Crestron control next.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

PS is an abbreviation for pool and spa, the number after is the number of relays in the panel

4. Back To Top    #4

Using all the same equipment manufacturers stuff will typically get you a better warranty (3 yr vs. 1). Also jandy SWG can be adjusted through iaqualink automation to output differenly in spa vs. pool mode.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Does Aqualink control Hayward lights and Fusion salt system? I'm a Pentair guy so I don't know, but in general, all the major pool manufacturers have proprietary automation that will not work with other manufacturers or have only very basic functionality. You usually want to stay within one manufacturer to get complete communication and control. It's totally annoying that the pool manufacturers won't open up their code to secondary automation companies.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

I don't believe the Jandy PDA and iaqualink internet control can both work on the same system. The PDA is very very 70s.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall