Things were going so well...

FattyLumpkin

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Hey all. I had my pool very nicely balanced per TFP saltwater guidelines. I just got back from a week vacation, and now my FC will no longer hold. Test results:

FC 0.5
CC 0
CYA 70
TA 100
CH 250
pH 7.6

Pump is running the same as it was all summer to this point. My swg was at 60% but was losing 1ppm FC net daily, so I kicked it up to maintain 5 FC. That was before a week away. Now I can't hold my FC despite kicking the swg to 100% and bumping the pump run time up to 16 hours (waaaay longer than I was before). I was concerned about too much organic burning thru the FC, but there's no CC either. The cover has been on about 10 straight days at this point. The water is still clear, but I see algae in my future.... Soon. Any insight? I'm puzzled.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I SLAMed at 70 last summer, it isn't bad. Once you get FC up to 28 your daily burn rate is actually lower because the FC is better protected from the sun. Bright side!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.