Cracks surrounding pool

DJG301

Jul 18, 2016
Maryland
I'm currently house hunting and came across a place that i love but am concerned about the surrounding areas on the pool. The pool itself is level but the area next to the house has a small slope with a few cracks. Not only that area but all around the pool has cracks. I'm wondering if they are as bad as it looks and what can i do from here on and a temp/permanent solution.
IMG_1653.jpgIMG_1652.jpg

Some overall pictures would be good. And overall of the pool. Is the coping good all around?

Those look like typical expansion contraction cracks in unreinforced concrete. But because I'm not there and we don't have more pictures, that's more of a guess.

All concrete cracks, the goal is to control cracks. Pools crack less because they are very high strength cement over a intense rebar cage, the water inside tends to moderate temperature changes.. Decks crack more because they are usually poorly reinforced thin structures that move all over the place as temperature changes. That is what is probably happening here. But without a site visit one can't really be certain. I know a couple concrete guys in Sacramento but regrettably none where you are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.