Help ID a pipe

EAnton

Jan 31, 2016
Coppell, TX
On the left side of my heater I have this 3-inch pipe with a black rubber cap and hose clamp coming out of the ground diagonally.
IMG_20160718_112528605_HDR.jpg

Inside it is dry and full of spider webs. It appears to make a 45 degree turn about 24 inches down to run horizontally under my equipment pad towards the pump and filter.

Any thoughts on what it is?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

It could be a sleeve run under the concrete to allow for something else to be installed later without needing to break up the concrete. What's on the other side(s) of the equipment pad? Any idea where the other end might be? The pipe appears to be 3" or 4", which is huge for residential pool piping - thus I'm thinking it's a sleeve.

My guess is that it has nothing to do with your pool. Most likely a sewer clean out that was in the way when they installed the pool equipment and the PB just moved it. In most cities in the DFW area, DE filters must be plumbed into the sewer, so one thing to look for is where your back-flush pipe is connected.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.