Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: can i change out my pumps power cord?

1. Back To Top    #1

Arrow can i change out my pumps power cord?

i have the Intex 2500-Gallon Filter Pump and its 2 years old now and it seems like the cords end has finally messed up, the test and reset part, no matter what i do or how many times i push reset it doesnt start my pump, sometimes i can fiddle with the reset button and itll start for a bit but then shut off again, so can i replace this part?
    2 year old 14x48 intex ultra frame
    -----------------------------------------
    intex 633 pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: can i change out my pumps power cord?

You probably can, but that's no guarantee that will fix the problem. It's possible that the GFCI button is tripping (popping-out) because something is wrong in the motor itself. If you can replace the cord first and it works great, that should be relatively cheaper. I just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

does home depot sell gfci ends like that? i just looked and they do...... is it hard to open that pump up?
    intex 633 pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll do some digging on-line. Not sure HD would have that exact item. In the meantime, you might want to call "Inyopools.com". They might have a replacement for you as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

HD sells both plugs and exterior multi-wire cord by the foot. Buy the correct amperage/type plug and gauge cord, and make your own.
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)

6. Back To Top    #6

thank you guys, i thought maybe ill just cut the cord at the gfci and put a new one one it, i think that sounds simple
    intex 633 pump