broken sprinkler pipe during excavation

bluce

Jul 18, 2016
Tyler, TX
We are nearing completion on our inground pool, and prior to excavation, I had a sprinkler guy come out and cap off any lines that were near the dig site. However, the excavator tore up the yard getting to the backyard, even getting stuck in some some ground at one point. So, weeks after the dig, when I went to turn on the sprinklers in that area, at least 2 sprinkler pipes were broken. There wasn't anything in our contract about who would cover broken sprinkler pipes because I had the ones in the pool area take care of. Should the builder pay to repair those lines broken during access to/from the dig site? Or, is that my resposibility?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We are just a bunch of homeowners teaching other owners how to manage their pools. It is not for us to choose sides. I would suggest you talk to the builder and try to come to an agreement.

I agree with Jason, but generally, unless the contract says they will repair damaged landscape/sprinklers, then they don't... We had the option, for more money of course, to include that in our contract, which we did not..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.