Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I came home from vacation to THIS!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! I came home from vacation to THIS!

Help! I came home from a week of vacation to THIS! And then I dove in!

CAM00026.jpg
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! I came home from vacation to THIS!

Proof... what else do you need?

Looks silky...
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

3. Back To Top    #3

That's really sad, Danny, I think I see a small leaf in the corner...you're just such a slacker
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks kinda green to me!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh the humanity! Shocking. I hope you are okay.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

A vacation doesn't count as getting out of the pool to get another beer and then jumping back in... You should know better!
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

7. Back To Top    #7

Pooldv,

Not often that I will ever be able to pull a one-up on you but in this case I need to strike while the opportunity is hot... Wife and I just got back from a three week vacation to Europe. I had a neighbor check the water level and empty the skimmer baskets, but nothing else. Here is a pic of the mess I found when I got back this past Friday the 15th..

After 21 days on vacation...

After 21 Day Vacation.jpg

Nice try though!!!

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

8. Back To Top    #8

NO WAY I'd put my foot in that water.......................... It would have to my whole body ... CANNONBALL!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

I saw the subject line then I looked to see who posted it. I was thinking Pooldv is a pro, what the heck happened. I bit the the bait. Love it and what a beautiful pool!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    That's really sad, Danny, I think I see a small leaf in the corner...you're just such a slacker
    LOL- my family thinks I'm nuts when they see me swimming with a skimmer net in each hand ........

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Wow, Jim! One upped me by three! Nice!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

Pooldv,

Besides showing off , I believe the point you were trying to make, and the one that I completely agree with, is that if you keep your pool by TFP standards and have some automated way to add FC, such as a SWG or Stenner, then taking a short vacation should not be an issue.. I often see where people say their pool turned green overnight. I suspect that the process took significantly longer, they just never noticed due to lack of testing.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes, there are definitely a number of signs that occur before a pool turns green. Let's recap.

Slightly elevated FC usage
    Slightly cloudy water
    Slightly slimy pool walls
    More FC
    More cloudy
    More slimy
    Even more FC
    Green fuzzies on the walls
    Trouble maintaining FC
    Very cloudy water
    Green swamp!
    TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

Ok, this is seriously getting outta control. Gonna have to SLAM soon.

CAM00030.jpg
    TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #15

Ok, I cleaned the pool.

Attachment 52361

Foot is in the water, drain is 5' deep.
    20160720_113537.jpg
    TFP Moderator

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Love it!!! Gives me hope for going away on vacation next year (none this year)!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

I just can't get enough pictures of your feet. Please keep them coming... Can I request some 6" stilettos for the next one?
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    I just can't get enough pictures of your feet. Please keep them coming... Can I request some 6" stilettos for the next one?
    This will not end well....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

19. Back To Top    #19

Lemme go find them ...
    TFP Moderator

20. Back To Top    #20

Have you thought about a pedicure...???
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast