Air pressure relief?

Bossed

Jul 18, 2016
Dover, NC
Hi all, I'm a new AG pool owner and new TFP member. The pool, PolyGroup 24x52 purchased at Sam's. Instead of using the pump and filter that came with the pool, I ordered a Slapool 4500 gph pump and sand filter (175 lbs.) and added a wall skimmer. My question is how do you relieve the air pressure from the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bossed

There is usually a small valve on the filter backwash valve that allows you to relieve the air pressure. Check the manual.

My Pentair had a bleed port but my Hayward does not... If you don't have one, try pushing down the selector handle until you get a bit of water from the backwash port... Didn't say to do that in the manual but it seems to work since there is no bleed port.. Also keeping your water level high enuf so the pump doesn't suck in air helps too

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to take closer look, but I don't believe there is one. The pump and filter came with separate manuals, 1 for the pump and 1 for the filter. The pump manual talks about a manual pressure relief valve, and references the filter manual for more information, but there isn't any mention of this pressure relief valve in the said manual, unless I missed it somehow.

Bossed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.