Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air pressure relief?

1. Back To Top    #1

Air pressure relief?

Hi all, I'm a new AG pool owner and new TFP member. The pool, PolyGroup 24x52 purchased at Sam's. Instead of using the pump and filter that came with the pool, I ordered a Slapool 4500 gph pump and sand filter (175 lbs.) and added a wall skimmer. My question is how do you relieve the air pressure from the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bossed

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air pressure relief?

There is usually a small valve on the filter backwash valve that allows you to relieve the air pressure. Check the manual.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

My Pentair had a bleed port but my Hayward does not... If you don't have one, try pushing down the selector handle until you get a bit of water from the backwash port... Didn't say to do that in the manual but it seems to work since there is no bleed port.. Also keeping your water level high enuf so the pump doesn't suck in air helps too
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to take closer look, but I don't believe there is one. The pump and filter came with separate manuals, 1 for the pump and 1 for the filter. The pump manual talks about a manual pressure relief valve, and references the filter manual for more information, but there isn't any mention of this pressure relief valve in the said manual, unless I missed it somehow.

Bossed
    24x52 AG PolyGroup
    Slapool 4500 gph pump
    175 lb sand filter