AGP with diving board?

This is dangerous and as JohnT mentioned, hard to accommodate even in in ground pools. You'd also be hard pressed to find an insurance company to cover you with an above ground pool with a diving board. I've never even heard of someone trying to do this or even attempting. It's not a good idea!

Welcome to TFP.

I guess I should have included the DIY in-ground pool kits in my question. They seem very similar to the AGPs that can be buried, like Radiant, with pour concrete collars around the bottom of the vertical walls. poolkits.com has pictures with diving boards, but I don't see any design specs with big hoppers.

Insurance is an issue. I had to switch agents because my old agent didn't have any companies he dealt with who would insure a diving pool.

Insurance is an issue. I had to switch agents because my old agent didn't have any companies he dealt with who would insure a diving pool.

Same here when I bought my home. Got ins then my agent called saying company decided not to insure us w diving board. He found another company but I have to pay more each month. I'm willing to take the board down but no idea how I'd get the old stainless steel legs out of the concrete.

Interesting insurance aspect. I just call my insurance company and they said a slide or diving board isn't something they even ask about. There'd be a small increase to insure the replacement cost of a pool, and they require the usual 4' fence w/ locking gates, but nothing more. My liability coverage was already at the max, so maybe that had something to do with it.

The 8 foot minimum is for jumping headfirst off of the pool deck or diving rock. A springboard requires greater depth since the person jumping launches themselves in the air and they are entering the water from a greater height. In that case the pool would need to be around 11 feet deep.

The 8 foot minimum is for jumping headfirst off of the pool deck or diving rock. A springboard requires greater depth since the person jumping launches themselves in the air and they are entering the water from a greater height. In that case the pool would need to be around 11 feet deep.

Growing up, my neighbors had a 10' pool with a small springboard. about a foot higher than the deck, and not very springy. We could easily hit the 10' bottom with out hand if we did not pull up after a dive. As you said, you really need a deep well for a diving board. Something to remember is that if you design a pool for a diving board, it is not good for much else (maybe swimming laps or just floating around in a float) but you cannot stand, play volleyball, basketball, or just horse around, because most of the pool is too deep. As a kid, about 80% of the area that neighbors pool was over our heads.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.