We put up our first above ground "kiddie pool" this weekend. It's the Intex 12' x 30" metal frame. I have been browsing these forums for the the last week and trying to find out all the information I can. I'm hoping to get some confirmation I'm doing the right thing. We filled our pool Saturday into the evening with town water and have 2 1" chlorine tabs in a floater. I also put 2 cups shock in it Saturday evening after it was filled (as advised by the pool store). I have a test strips and 2 way test kit. They don't give exact numbers but colors seem to look good. Water looks crystal clear. Kids had a blast swimming yesterday. I have a few questions on maintaining it?
- Do I just keep up with the chlorine tabs? they dissolve slowly.
- I'm running the 530 gph filter that came with the pool (this one has dual suctions that go into a "t" to the filter). I have been running it pretty much all the time, when nobody is in the pool? I was looking into upgrading to the 1500 gph, but wondering if this is necessary.
- Change/wash the filter every 3-4 days?
- 2 cups Shock once a week? Pool person say 1/4 gallon, but that seems like a lot based on the back of the bottle
- Continue to test and make sure colors looks right
Does this all seem good??