Not sure if I have algae

Jul 17, 2016
Birmingham, AL
First off, a huge thanks to this site and participants because this is the first question I've needed to ask.
I'm a new pool owner (bought a house with one this spring), but I've been following the TFP methodology and found it to be simple.
We had a new liner installed in May.I never SLAMed the pool, just added chlorine and other chemicals to balance it out. It has been pristine all summer.
Last Thursday we had some significant storms that landed a lot of leaves and sticks in the pool. Ever since then, it's been cloudy, with a slightly yellow tint. I can still see the print at 8 feet deep, but barely. I don't think the FC ever went below 2, but in the loss of power and other craziness, it might have.
I also recorded the pH at its highest level ever. It had been around 7.5, but it was measuring 7.8. I added some dry acid to bring it down along with some baking soda to take my TA to about 70. My current stats are:
pH: 7.6
TA: 70
FC: 3.5 (has ranged between 2-5 all summer)
CC: <0.5 (have occasionally measured it non-zero

I have run the filter 24/7 since and run the Aquabot a few times too. There do seem to be pockets of something dark on the bottom, but in very few places. Is it time to SLAM? The bad news is that I'm leaving town on travel this afternoon. I'll be back all day Saturday and then leaving for a week on Sunday. Bad timing...

I'm unfortunately on travel, but my wife confirmed that the pool is cloudier and greener today, so she's going to start a SLAM. Does anyone know if the higher chlorine would hurt the pool robot? I would assume it would be good to run it overnight? If it matters, the walls don't have any sort of slimy feel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.