1st Attempt at a SLAM so here we go....
First, I'll say my 2 year old pool looks fine visually with the exception of some algae on the sides (not a lot and definitely not all the way around the pool). I have always been able to clearly see the bottom of the deep end (7 feet).
Here's the baseline numbers
CYA 60 (2 days ago my local pool store gave me 2 readings of 99 & 100 about 3 hours apart, so I primarily used their numbers when starting SLAM)
Yesterday afternoon I scrubbed the heck out of everything, behind the lights, pool cleaner, etc... before starting the SLAM.
At 9:00pm last night FC 2 & CC .5 and I added 8 gallons 10% Pool Essentials chlorinating liquid
10:00pm last night FC 36 & CC .5
10:30pm last night brushed walls and floor
11:30pm last night FC 33 & CC 0
6:30am this morning FC 30 & CC .5
8:00am this morning I added 304oz of 10% Pool Essentials chlorinating liquid
8:15am this morning I backwashed my filter (Pentair Quad DE 100) and added 2 lbs in a slurry through the skimmer
9:15am this morning FC 37 & CC 0
I plan on adding another 304oz around noon blindly (I'm working and my wife isn't too familiar with testing the water)
I'll test when I get home this evening.
1. Am I taking the correct course of action? (I've been battling algae walls for a month or so and I'm tired of it)
2. Should I put the pool cleaner back in? (I took it out to clean it and did not put it back in)
3. Should I have my wife add the 304oz blindly around noon today? (I assume some chlorine will burn off)
4. Should I add more of the chlorine this evening to keep FC around 35-40?
5. Should I completely dismantle the filter and wash it and the cartridges down? And, of course, recharge it.
6. Any other suggestions?
Thank you TFP community!